Decree 732 created the Technical Secretariat of Planning 'Planifica Ecuador'. Attached to the Presidency of the Republic, and in charge of national planning, it is a public law entity, with legal personality and administrative and financial autonomy. This Decree determines that Planifica Ecuador will have the competences, attributions, responsibilities, functions and delegations of SENPLADES.
This Secretariat accompanies the Vice Presidency of the Republic of Ecuador, which, according to Decree 622, is responsible for coordinating and articulating the effective implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Its functions include:
- Prepares the progress report on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in Ecuador;
- Ensures the alignment of planning instruments to the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development with , in coordination with the entities of the Public Administration and different levels of government;
- Standardizes and carries out the process of monitoring and evaluation of the goals and indicators of the 2030 Agenda to be prioritized in national planning;
- Determines, in coordination with the National Institute of Statistics and Census, the goals and indicators of the 2030 Agenda to be prioritized in national planning;
- Convenes spaces for dialogue and coordination for the dissemination, implementation and monitoring of the 2030 Agenda, ensuring the participation of civil society, academia, other State functions and levels of government;
- Manages and coordinates the Decentralized National System of Participatory Planning that contributes to the economic growth and sustainable development of the country, in the medium and long term, consolidating prospective planning and the cycle of public policies;
- Elaborates the Annual Investment Plan on an annual basis.
In May 2021 the Presidency of the Republic of Ecuador approved Executive Decree N°3. Through this Decree (which amends Article 2 of Decree 732 of 2019), the National Planning Secretariat is created as the technical body responsible for national planning. The Secretariat will be headed by a National Secretary with the rank of Minister of State.
Stages of Investment Project Cycle in which it participates:
Formulation, Ex Ante Evaluation, Execution.
Stages of the Public Investment Policy Cycle in which it participates:
Planning, Budgeting, Ex Post Audit.