Virtual Meeting (September 2020) of the Network of National Public Investment Systems in Latin America and the Caribbean
The purpose of the Virtual Meeting of the Network of National Public Investment Systems was to open a space for discussion among experts and member directors to reflect together on the lessons learned and identify work needs regarding "Disaster Risk Management and Adaptation to Climate Change in Public Investment" for the future. Cases of countries with relevant advances in the consideration of disaster risk in public investment processes, seeking their sustainability, were presented. In addition, a dialogue was held on the concepts of sustainability in a context of risk and uncertainty of the present time and a society increasingly demanding an effective investment that allows universal and equitable access to basic services. The central themes of the conversation were:
- New IDB initiative on climate change - cross-cutting analysis of all public finances.
- Coherence in DRM and Public Investment: progress of the SNIP Network and introduction of experts.
- Coherence practices in SNIP member countries with the consideration of disaster risk in public investment
- Prioritization in risk contexts: multiple criteria of criticality
- Data, systems and assessment of the impacts of hazardous events on critical infrastructure: information for public investment