The Medium Term Sustainable Development Plan succeeds the National Economic and Social Transformation Plan and highlights the strategic development priority for the country for the period 2015-2019. Under the Vision of: "A harmonious, prosperous and modern Antigua and Barbuda founded on the principles of sustainability and inclusive growth; where equality of opportunity, peace, and justice prevail for all citizens and residents", this country establishes 4 Sustainable Development Dimensions
1. Optimal Generation of National Wealth;
2. Enhanced Social Cohesion
3. Improved Health of the Natural Environment and Sustained Historical and Cultural Assets; and
4. Enhanced Citizen Security
and 7 Flagship Priorities
1. Adequate Infrastructure .
2. Strong Tourism Industry as an Economic Anchor;
3. Transform Barbuda into a Green, Low Density, High-End Tourism Destination;
4. Better Utilization of our Marine Space;
5. Export of Non-Tourism Services;
6. Reducing the Cost of Energy and Improving Energy Security; and
7. Better Access to Adequate Housing;
which guide the rest of goals and actiones contained in the Plan.
Inside the same plan they have developed a Monitoring and Evaluation system, detailed in Chapter VII.